Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Birthday






Okay, in retrospect (which is why it's a good idea to blog after the big day), it was a really good birthday but I was a little worried in the beginning. We are still going on a trip next year for birthdays. We started the day with Lincoln waking up earlier than usual. Ken brought him downstairs to me and I fed him in the arm chair. When I do that, he likes to lean over the side and mess with the coaster on the table next to the chair. Well, this morning, he crawled over and flipped himself onto the floor. I couldn't help but giggle because he was really fine (other than a lot of crying and a red mark on his forehead). So, I get in the shower and after I finish, I hear Coralee's little footsteps upstairs.... it's 7:00 and she usually sleeps until 8:00. Then, Ken comes in and asks for a small net because one of her fishes has died (Patches I believe). Even the fish has it in for me. We go to IHOP for breakfast and Lincoln eats an entire pancake.... after eating his normal breakfast. He's all about the good stuff, I tell you. I am a happier Mommy if we are out and about so we went to Central Market to let Coralee play and then eat some lunch. We had two potty trips (one before the playground and one emergency "I gotta go poo poo"). I don't know why I hate trips to the potty but I do. We went back to the playground and Lincoln had fun talking to the tree since he wasn't all that interested in his sippy of formula. It's even worse when I'm alone with both kiddos. We did a little shopping and then got lunch. Coralee was being a toot... presumably because she was stinking tired from not napping that week and waking up early. We got home and I tried to get some pics for a project for Ken for Father's Day. Somewhere in there, Lincoln crawled under the bar stool and Coralee helped him stand up. I'm SO thankful we have that heavy barstool (remember buying that in Johnson City, Teresa?). They were really cute I so had to get a picture. All I could think of was that line from "Back to the Future" when he sees his uncle in the play pen and says to get used to the bars. Hopefully that's not where he's headed.

No comments: