














I'll start by saying next year we're going on a "special trip" for our birthdays. Let's just say that it's hard to make a birthday special and take care of kiddos. The day started with Lincoln waking up around 5:00. After he fussed for about 30 minutes, I thought if I fed him he would go back to sleep and I could too but that didn't happen. Coralee woke up a little after 7:00 when I stepped out of the shower. At that point, I decided we'd just go ahead and make a trip to HEB. It took me a while to get the grocery list together but we did make it there. I had told Shannon that I would watch the boys while she went to the doctor. Coralee was beyond thrilled to have Colston & Hudson over. That gave me time to wrap presents before we had lunch with Ken. Coralee had asked for the "bizzert" pizza place aka Double Dave's. Lunch went well although Link made a stinky. I offered to go change the diaper while Ken & Coralee "played" video games. That boy had a huge blow out diaper and I can't tell you when he's had the last one. Of course, I didn't have a change of clothes for him. No biggie, we just stopped at Babies R Us and picked up a clearance outfit. I was happy because the 6-9 month outfit fit him without being washed. Woohoo..... we're up to 16 pounds-ish. Next we made our weekly trip to Sun Harvest and then stopped by Randalls. By the time we got home it was 3:30. I fed Link and put him down for a nap so I could get started on dinner. I messed up and forgot to get the "jumbo" muffin cups for Ken's Key Lime Cheesecake. So, I decided to make it in the regular springform pan. Coralee "helped" me squeeze the key limes. Might I say, too, that this cheesecake was supposed to chill for 4 hours. The freezer did okay in about an hour thankfully. I started on the chicken next and realized that I was missing a few ingredients. Thankfully we had some leftovers that worked well. It was a fried, stuffed chicken breast and I don't do fried well. I about burnt the outside of the first one and then got nervous plopping the next one in and spilled oil all over the floor. I was really scared I was going to start a grease fire because the oil was so high in the pan. Thankfully no fire but I didn't cook the chicken all the way. We didn't realize that until we were already eating. Ugh.... not my first time to do that either. I hate it when that happens. Dessert and presents went better. Coralee kept telling me during dinner that I had made some really good iced tea. Link had his first taste of mashed potatoes. It was hilarious that he would shudder after we spoon fed them to him although he seemed to enjoy them more when he was feeding himself. Ken says he had a nice day and I really hope he did. It was just a little crazy for me.




No comments:
Post a Comment