Wednesday, May 21, 2008

First Road Trip



















Chrissy & Jeff were camping at Enchanted Rock so we met them out there. It was weird being in the van going up 183 like we did for our special trip last summer with the Pierces. Good memories! We got there a little after 4:00 and made an attempt to go up the rock. We made it about 3/4 of the way up there before I had "tummy trouble" (why not embarass myself here since I was mortified in front of my sister's boyfriend already). We're not sure Coralee would have made it all the way up anyway. I've decided that I will only attempt Enchanted Rock again when it's much cooler outside. We went back to the campsite and Jeff & Chrissy made dinner for us. Oh my goodness.... Jeff made the BEST beans EVER! I'm going to attempt to replicate them for Memorial Day they were so good. We had smores for dessert. I've decided that camping isn't all that bad especially when you don't stay the night. We left super late (after some Jiffy Pop) and didn't get home until 11:30 PM. Thankfully both kiddos fell asleep in the van and we stayed awake. It was a tough trip home for Mom & Dad.

No comments: