As if our week needed any more drama, Ken's truck finally was sick enough that it wasn't worth the cost of repairing it. So, we had to get a new to us vehicle. I'll recap... Ken's clutch was giving him grief so he bought a part to fix the pedal. He took my car (at my request - hello, you kind of need the clutch to work right) on Tuesday. I noticed there was something brown that had leaked out of his truck but forgot to mention it.... yep, big oops. So, Wednesday we got the part and he started to fix it and noticed the leak. After talking to his Dad (so glad that they can figure these things out), they thought it was the head gasket. Ken came in and told me and we started looking for something new immediately. While we were looking online, there was a terrible storm outside with funnel clouds spotted near our neighborhood. Lovely. I was just about to go up and get Link because it was so bad. Ken talked to several repair shops the next day and one mentioned the coolant system being a possible problem. Still, that was a big cost so we went to look at a used van that afternoon (mind you after all the stuff with Link's weight check). We ended up getting the only van we looked at - an 8 passenger 07 Toyota Sienna. It was a really great deal and I'm happy to have made the move to the dark side. I'm a mini van Mom! Wow! If gas wasn't so expensive, I'd find more excuses to drive it.
Coralee wasn't here when we got it. It was cute to hear her response when she got here with Gene & Mary. She asked who was visiting us and we told her it was our van. Her first question was "What happened?" We told her Daddy's truck was really sick. She wasn't all that impressed at first but warmed up and was really excited about sitting next to Lincoln. Of course she likes her automatic sliding door.
Oh yeah, and the pictures of Link. He was holding on to Ken's legs and cruising from the couch to the coffee table. He also did a little looking at the Rachael Ray magazine.




No comments:
Post a Comment