Friday, October 05, 2007

Prepare to be bombarded.....






Today we went to the Botanical Gardens to take pictures since it was Ken's last day off of work. These two weeks have gone by entirely too quickly! I know we're all really going to miss him.


I always get sappy about the Botanical Gardens and I'm going to do it again. Four years ago we were in the middle of what would be our final infertility treatment - the big guns- IVF. I can't begin to describe the emotions that I felt with all of that.... fear and excitement all mixed together. It seems like forever and ever ago that I was giving myself shots twice a day and going to the doctor every couple of days for ultrasounds. In the midst of that process, I went to the Botanical Gardens to work on my Bible study homework (we were studying Hebrews - how appropriate- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1). That was the first time that I went to the gardens and I absolutely fell in love with their beauty. Infertility treatments, especially years of them like we did, are so emotionally draining. In some ways, believing in God makes that even more difficult. You know that He has the power to instantly make things go your way and yet He doesn't choose to do that. It's hard to believe that He is good and He loves you and has a good plan when the answer seems to always be "no". And yet, we see the "rest of the story" in these pictures. God's no is sometimes "wait". For those that don't know, our IVF didn't work but the next cycle we got pregnant with Coralee - naturally - with no doctors present. I will never cease to be amazed at what God did for us and I never want to forget that. When I look at Lincoln, I feel equally amazed. It's different because getting pregnant with him didn't come out of such a deep hole of sadness. I knew that God had done this in the past and He was certainly able to do it again.... and yet I doubted whether or not He would. I feel downright fertile that it "only" took us 2 years (and a couple of months) to get pregnant with him - all without infertility treatments. I could say those years of treatments with Coralee were a waste but they weren't. God changed us and it was worth every disappointment and tear. I wouldn't trade a day of that for God's ultimately perfect plan!
Okay.... now more pictures! :)

1 comment:

Renae said...

What are you doing up in the middle of the night?!? Oh, no, I know what you're doing up. What am I doing up in the middle of the night? I'm really not sure. Some bizarre sinus-infection induced insomnia, I guess. I have something for you, ehem, that's a little late, but I've been in a fog for about a month. I'd like to stop by soon. I am so grateful to know you and your family. Thank you for reminding me each and every day that God's timing is perfect. Now, go to sleep!