Saturday, October 13, 2007

Caramel Apples








I was inspired by my friend Heather's pictures of her boys making Caramel apples. She said they were SO easy because they used the caramel wrap. I bought the wrong stuff at HEB so Mom and I went to Walmart to get the real deal. Somehow dipping apples in hot caramel didn't sound like a great activity for a 3 year old. She did okay with the caramel but needed a little bit of help. I have always wanted to get one of the big, fancy apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory but haven't. So, I thought this was a great opportunity to give it a try. I have figured out one thing about theirs - they drizzle the chocolate. They don't dip it. I'll blame the lack of sleep from the late night feedings for corrupting my memory. The chocolate and crunchies were a little thick on the bottom but they were still delicious. We used the extra chocolate to dip pretzel goldfish which were really yummy. Needless to say, Coralee enjoyed dipping her fingers in the chocolate, too.

No comments: