Thursday, September 13, 2007

Coralee's Princess Birthday Party


































Coralee had a great time with her friends at the party. She loved decorating a crown... okay, well, reality is that she loved playing with the rhinestones for the crown. She refused to wear her Cinderella dress at first until one of her friends came in her princess dress. Suddenly she HAD to wear her dress which made Mommy happy. Nothing like good peer pressure! I will also say that you can get candy necklace (or maybe icing) off of the dress easily which is a good thing. The kids played with Coralee's castle as we waited for everyone to get here and then we played the Princess and the Pea Game. I read the story to them and then hid a baseball under a pillow and the "real" princes and princesses could tell which one was lumpy. I tried to keep things pretty simple food wise this year and we had cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, pimiento cheese and ham and cheese. Ken was SO excited that we had sandwiches and even said he could stand the pimiento cheese- I made it instead of buying it and I think that's why he said it just tasted like cheese. After lunch we had cake and then went on to the opening of presents. I think Coralee got a little tired of opening things because she slowed down a lot there towards the end.

No comments: