I'm getting to the point that I'm more ready to meet our little man than I am happy to be pregnant. It's been an easy pregnancy especially with the help of bi-weekly chiropracter appointments in the last month or so. I love feeling him move around still but I'm just ready to see his little face. At the same time, I told Ken that once he gets out, he'll cry and I know this is the easy part. While I may be up in the middle of the night unable to sleep, it will get harder. How's that for positive thinking? ;-)
So the lost and found part..... Before we left for vacation over a month ago, I had loaded up some things for Goodwill including a baby book we were given but didn't use. Well, around that same time, we had put the ultrasound pictures away because we were having company. Mom and Bubba came to get Oscar/get a Coralee fix before we left on vacation and I decided that I needed to show Mom the latest pictures and couldn't find them. Ken just knew he had left them in that baby album to get them out of the way and he had brought the stuff to Goodwill already. Needless to say I freaked out and told him I'd never forgive him. It was just bad. We were on our way to dinner at the time and the plan was for Mom and I to go to Babies R Us after dinner, so we took two vehicles and made a stop at Goodwill to alert them to the possible issue of the missing pictures. I don't even know if we've told Ken's parents about this yet but as I was backing their van out of the garage (we borrowed it for vacation while they were gone to Hungary) the side view mirror hit the garage wall and got a little busted up. Why oh why couldn't I hit it better so it would have bent back? Ended up that it was just a simple piece of plastic that broke and it was fixable with a little super glue. Still, that wasn't what I needed in my current very emotional state. I cried more and really, really lost it when my Mom told me to "Calm down." Again, very, very bad stuff.
So, fast forward to last night. We had gone to dinner for some friends' birthdays and there was a wonderful pregnancy announcement to celebrate as well. As we were talking after dinner, I offered my "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" book. While it was my favorite book during my pregnancy with Coralee, I haven't really kept up with where we were this time around. Babycenter really has been enough for me. So, I offered to bring the book on Sunday morning. We got home from dinner and Ken was putting Coralee to bed. I got the book out so I wouldn't forget and noticed there was some paper in the front of the book. Well, it was the ultrasound pictures! I'm mortified that they were sitting there the whole time. Like I said, I hadn't looked at the book all that much lately. Can you tell? I immediately went upstairs and apologized to Ken. We had scanned in all but 3 of the pictures when we were back home the last time so I hadn't even mentioned it to him again. He had asked the people at Goodwill to call if they found them and we hadn't heard anything. I figured that there was still a glimmer of hope that they were here in the house. I was sad to lose those most recent pictures but since we had the majority and all of my "scrapping" is digital now, I was okay. What a relief to find them, though! I didn't quite know where to put them but I need to put them in his "real" baby book ASAP!




No comments:
Post a Comment