Saturday, March 22, 2008

6 Months Old












I can't believe it's already been half of a year. It seemed like the weeks and months were slower with Coralee. We went to the botanical gardens to celebrate the special day or at least get some quick pictures. Lincoln liked being outside and was really interested in the rocks and leaves that were in his reach. He's rolling over and scootching around like crazy. I'll often find him sideways in his crib (when he's fought sleep and fussed for a few minutes before going to sleep) or with his head where his feet started. He gets frustrated because he knows what he wants but he just can't seem to get to it when we play on the floor. He doesn't really like the Jumperoo any more. Maybe that was just not having sister there to entertain that was the problem this week. His new trick is sticking out his tongue which I think is adorable. He giggles more and smiles more. I love it. He is a voracious eater. We absolutely must feed him as soon as we sit down to the table or he'll melt. So far he's had rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, avocado, bananas, apples & carrots. He's recently started chewing on a few grapes in his little mesh bag and really enjoys that. I think it's more of a social thing than being hungry. He can eat 1/2 of an avocado (hoping that will help with his weight gain) and whatever the veggie/fruit of the week is and the next minute want to nurse. He is more on a schedule than he used to be which makes us both pretty happy. I can bet on some good time with Coralee while he's sleeping which is nice. It feels like things are falling into place. I look forward to what he'll do in the future but I'm really enjoying everything right now, too.

No comments: