Oh the drama! We were a little late with Link's well check because of me worrying about the dates of his last shots being too close. Come to find out that isn't an issue so we waited for no reason. It wouldn't have changed the fact that we didn't get to see his pediatrician because he was in a bad skiing accident and was recovering from broken bones and surgery. I was a little nervous about this well check since it was the same age that Coralee had only gained 4 ounces. I knew he had done better than that but wasn't sure how much better. Come to find out, he only gained a pound and 5 ounces which made him fall on the charts. At first I thought, no big deal, been there, done that. We'll start the herbs and pump and it will be all good. As time went on, though I got a little more emotional about it all. Add to that the fact that the crazy boy had appetite issues because of the shots and I was pretty wound up last weekend. I'm doing better now especially since he's back to eating like a champ and eating more frequently. As you can see, we got the go ahead to start rice cereal. I'd been unsure about whether or not to wait but I decided that it was better to start now and just not feed him too much solids that could interfere with how much he nurses. I'm hoping that he'll learn to like the texture and be a good eater like his sister. In the past week, he's gotten much better about eating the cereal and will actually open his mouth in anticipation.
So all that's the health stuff. Here's the personality stuff. He is one sweet boy. Just his smile can make everything all better for me. He's starting to giggle more which is too cute. He totall loves his sister and has to watch everything she does. The feelings are still mutual but I suspect it won't be as fabulous once he can get into her things. He's sleeping better at night although I think he had his days and nights messed up a little if that's possible for an older baby. He'd sleep from say 2-9 AM which is great but I'd like that to be closer to 10-5. He's started rolling over from his tummy to his back mainly when he wakes up from his nap. Ken and I were laughing last night saying it's a wonder he can do that because he's held so much. Totally guilty on that. I have gone crazy with #2 - he's just about rotten. We put him back in the pack & play in our closet because he was waking up so much in the middle of the night. Maybe once we get his days and nights back in sync, he can go upstairs for good.




No comments:
Post a Comment