I had a very nice Mother's Day. Coralee greeted me with cards and they had already bought flowers on Friday. Good job, Daddy! :-) We went to church as usual and Coralee's Sunday school teachers made cards and had carnations for all the Mommies. Very, very sweet. We had lunch at Dairy Queen because I didn't want to fight the crowds at most places. Instead, we went out to dinner. We ate at Threadgill's like we did last year and it was great as usual. I'm telling you, macaroni & cheese is a full contact food for Coralee. Yikes that's a mess waiting to happen! She drank a kid cup and a half of milk before we left which tells you she was fully loaded on liquids. I had told Ken I wanted to take her to see the bats at the Congress Avenue bridge but it wasn't quite late enough for that so we went to Whole Foods and picked up some oatmeal for Ken and some bread for me (Rosemary Sourdough bread - yummy!). She played a little bit in the "stream" outside the cafe and then we headed to see the bats. It took the bats longer than we expected but Coralee didn't care. She ran around in the grass and had a great time. I sat down on the grass while we waited and eventually she sat in my lap. Well, that's the icky part. I looked down as she was getting up out of my lap and she had peed on herself and my skirt. Yuck! We hung around a little bit to see the bats but she wasn't all that interested. Before we left, I asked if she needed to go potty and she said she did. Ken suggested Whataburger but I didn't really want to stop. So, we got her ready for camping instead. He took her wet panties off and let her take care of business in the grass. We put on clean undies and made our way home. I'm not sure that was the best Mother's Day gift ever but I'll certainly remember it. ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment