NI had a family day at Chaparral Ice. There was skating, face painting, balloons, jumpers and an Ice Bats game to end the day. We got there not too long after things started and immediately got on our skates. Ken was quite happy to have the job of holding Lincoln since he doesn't skate. I had been nervous about busting it all week. Thankfully we were able to get one of trainer thingies which made life infinitely easier. We skated around the rink maybe twice before they had to bring out the Zamboni. We went out again and made a round or two before she managed to bust it. After that she cried and didn't want to skate any more. I think she thought she'd just get out there and be able to skate like the princesses on ice but that wasn't the case. After the big fall, we went outside to the jumpers which was a lot easier. We watched a little bit of Ice Age in the Movie Room, watched the other skaters for a bit and then got a snack. We sat next to the rink with our snack and it was SO cold. Ken fed Lincoln his bottle so he was out of his carrier and blanket. He sent me to the bathroom to change him and I'm telling you, that poor little guy's lips were blue. After that we got the sling, covered him with an extra blanket and went outside . He was much warmer then. Poor little guy. We stayed for the first period of the hockey game. Coralee was concerned about the guys going into time out and repeated Ken's comment about how it was a rough game.




1 comment:
How sweet! I have NEVER seen those training things before! Guess I've been outta the sport too long...we just used old 5 gallon paint buckets! :)
Post a Comment