You know how sometimes you have ideas that seem perfectly logical and reasonable and end up being quite goofy..... this trip was one of those ideas. I wanted to see my sister before Christmas, though, so it was crazy but definitely worth it. We had a good trip on the way to Houston since we fed Lincoln before we left and made it to Chrissy's without him being too insanely hungry. We opened presents with Aunt C and I have to confess publicly that I haven't let Coralee watch the Annie DVD yet. I'm really scared that she'll like it too much like Chrissy did. Next we ate lunch at a Mexican place where Coralee insisted that she wanted fish and shrimp. That's my girl - I remember pitching a fit during a family trip to Galveston because I wanted to eat shrimp instead of pizza. I rode with Chrissy since we can no longer fit anyone else in our vehicle because of the carseats. It was nice to have that time alone. Okay, it was also nice to get away from the Veggie Tales. Daddy's SO good about letting Coralee listen to her music but Mommy is mean and we usually listen to "Mommy Radio" (aka Rush Limbaugh or Laura Ingraham during the week or since we were in Houston - KSBJ). Anyway, we went to the Children's museum which was fun. I had to miss out on a little bit of Coralee's fun since they had exhibits upstairs and that didn't work well with the stroller. Again - more time with my Sissy. I have to say that I like this museum better than the Austin version because it's bigger and seems to have more to do without being as crowded. Definitely a good thing. So here's the kicker on our trip back home - it took 5 1/2 hours to get back and the trip back is when I'm in a hurry and just want to be home. We had to stop to feed Lincoln twice and we had to eat dinner as well. I have learned the biggest lesson about travelling with a newborn (you'd think I'd have caught on to this earlier since it isn't my first time doing this) - plan to leave right after a feeding because you'll get further down the road that way. I'm tired just thinking about that afternoon.




No comments:
Post a Comment