Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Saturday Project






For our 9th anniversary we stayed in a hotel here in Austin. I really liked the neutral color on the walls and decided we should re-paint. Well, fast forward a year and I finally went and picked out the paint. It's probably not the same color but oh well. That was in January. We didn't paint that weekend and then a week or so later I found out I was pregnant so haven't even given it much thought again until now. Ken didn't even realize the

paint was in the garage. He thought we were going to have to go through the whole paint color choice process, etc. I guess we'll blame this and all the other projects we've done on nesting and trying to make sure things are somewhat orderly before Lincoln gets here. I just know we won't have the opportunity to do this stuff for a while. I still need to staple the fabric onto the headboard to change that around. I just put it on top of the old one so I could get an idea of how it would look. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out although one project brings another.... to cover up the leftover yellow paint it would look nice to put some crown moulding on the ceiling. I bought new curtains but need to get a curtain rod or paint an old one we already have. Yep, one more project.

Oh, and I should say that we got a new mattress/box springs a while back and Ken is saying that there is a mattress tax - kind of like the "wife" tax. It's much higher so we needed deep pocket sheets and a new mattress pad and a new blanket. We finally got the bed frame on Friday (sales person didn't order it originally) and it's amazing how much higher that thing is! Oscar still hasn't figured out that he can go under the bed again since the mattress has been on the floor for weeks.

No comments: