




I got an email from the Biscuit Brothers that they would be performing at Symphony Square and thought it would be fun for us to go. It was $.50 per kid.... how could we go wrong? Shannon and the boys came along. When we walked up to the entrance, there was a big long line. I noticed that there were strollers lining the fence so I took both kids out as soon as we got close. I wore Lauramae in the sling and attempted to get Lincoln to walk. Shannon picked him up and carried him in for me which was a huge help. The lady at the gate told us that it was "standing room only" and it didn't really register to me. There was hardly anywhere to stand. It was super hot and we couldn't even see the "Brothers". The kids had a snack and before we knew it, the concert was over. We waded through the crowd and eventually got to the stroller and headed back to the parking garage. We drove around a little too cool off and then had lunch at P. Terry's on Lamar. We found a huge booth that would fit everyone and it just happened to be across from where we needed to order our food. I put Lauramae's carrier on a high chair and looked at the menu. Next thing I know, a lady at the booth behind us screams and I turned around to see what was happening. Lincoln was crawling up onto the carrier and it was about to fall. I wasn't too freaked out because she was strapped in and even if she would have fallen, it would have scared her far more than it hurt her. I didn't realize that the group of ladies moved to another table but when I got my drink I heard them talking about what had happened. I was hot & tired and I'm already super sensitive about my kids annoying people. So, it really bothered me that they were talking about me literally behind my back. Thankfully there was a group of nurses that were waiting for their to go order. They talked with the kids and joked about their funny hats (they must have worked in the OR). They were so sweet that it made things better. I couldn't have made it through that trip without Shannon's help. Lunch with two kids was difficult but not impossible. Lunch with three is far more difficult..




No comments:
Post a Comment