Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Sorry it's been so long
I procrastinated updating over one weekend since my last post was about Lincoln's weight. Well, the lowest weight on the scale was the right one. My little guy didn't gain any weight between 4 & 6 months. To say I was upset about that and the pediatrician's suggestion of 2-3 bottles/day would put it lightly. That would have meant weaning him and I really want to make it to a year like I did with Coralee. My sister encouraged me to ask if there was something else we could do. So, I've lost a lot of free time (and sleep) pumping between feedings and taking herbs to get my supply boosted. I really think that's a lot better than it had been. Instead of getting 1 ounce between feedings, I can get 1-2 ounces and when I wake up in the morning I can get 2-3 ounces. It's at the point that I don't know what we'll do with all of this milk. Of course, little man is sick now and he's just not eating well. I took him in yesterday and he had lost 2 ounces in the last 2 weeks. That's obviously a snapshot of his weight. He's been sick a week and before then, I am confident he had gained. The scale even said so. We got a pass with him being sick and we'll go back in a month to check again. After that, he gets milkshakes. ;-) I'm so glad we've been through all of this with Coralee. We know the end of the story and that he'll be just fine. He could even end up taller than all of his friends. There is hope!




No comments:
Post a Comment