Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Pumpkin Adventure





Well, you'd think since we went to a pumpkin farm that I would've bought a pumpkin there. They charged by the pound and with the excitement of the day my brain hurt thinking about the math so I thought we'd just get the interesting stuff there and buy a pumpkin to carve at HEB or something. Well, I waited too long and on Monday I couldn't find any pumpkins anywhere. So, we settled on a pie pumpkin which was probably more her speed. She wasn't too keen on the slimy stuff and seeds.
We've been reading a book to her called The Pumpkin Patch Parable. I started to explain it but I'll just copy from the website......
Many printings later, The Pumpkin Patch Parable continues to touch young children's heasrts as they see how faithfully the Farmer plants seeds in the summer, then waits patiently until fall for harvest season. He chooses a pumpkin from the patch, washes it clean with fresh water, pierces its thick skin with a sharp knife, and cleans out all that squishy, stringy pulp inside . . . yuck!

Giving his pumpkin a brand new face, the Farmer then places a candle inside, touches it wath a flame and puts the smiling pumpkin out in a dark world to shine forth for Him. Scripture verses appear at the bottom of many pages, guiding children along the path toward becoming a "new creation" in Christ.

No comments: