Friday, May 12, 2006

Fun Tuesday Take 1







It's taken me a month or so to really get used to Coralee only taking one nap. It was at the point where we couldn't really do a lot of the fun things I wanted to do. Then, things were really busy at church and we battled being sick several times so we were just kind of coasting. Coralee was getting fussy and I was losing my patience with her. I didn't feel like I was being the kind of Mom I wanted to be since we weren't doing fun stuff. So, I decided that we would schedule Tuesdays as fun days. This was our first one and we went to the Austin Nature & Science Center & the Botanical Gardens at Zilker Park. We had a picnic lunch and then headed home. It was a ton of fun and so worth the sweat of being outside that long. Having longer hair and being able to pull it back makes a huge difference, too! After years of taking other people's children on field trips, it is so much fun to take my little girl to all these fun places! I'm still amazed that God gave her to us! She was worth the wait for sure!

The Science center has a lot of different animals from the region. Most of them are injured or rescued and had too much time around humans to be let into the wild. It's almost like a mini zoo and certainly enough for a toddler's interest! She really liked the turtles in the aquarium. They also have a really cool dino pit where you can dig in the sand to find dinosaur bones. Coralee loved the shovels and was too cute with the paint brush to brush away the sand. She knew exactly what brushes were for..... to powder your face! She isn't a big fan of being dirty but she did great with the sand. An outdoor girl has to tolerate some dirt!!!

No comments: