




The botanical gardens are such a special place to me. I remember going there when we were in the midst of our IVF. Such a time of hope and nerves all mixed together. Then, when I was pregnant with Coralee we took my Mom, Bubba & Aunt Laura & Uncle Gil there. We have a picture of me from that day in the same butterfly chair. Getting a toddler to cooperate for a picture is not an easy thing! That same weekend was the first time Ken felt her move. We took pictures there when she was just a few days old (what on earth was I thinking?) and again after her first birthday. I just love going there because of all of those memories.
Back to the present! Coralee insisted on carrying my purse when we first walked into the gardens. It wasn't worth a fight; maybe I really need to get a bigger purse so she doesn't want to carry it all the time! It was the dragging along the ground that bothered me so I tied a knot in the handle and all was well. She absolutely loved the pre-historic garden with the dinosaur and fountains. She just kept saying "water" and pitched a mini-fit when it was time to go. My personal favorite is the Japanese gardens.... so peaceful and beautiful. Coralee really enjoyed the fish and then as we walked back to the car, she loved the water flowing throughout.
What trip would be complete without a self-portrait? Gotta have one of those.... unfortunately my arms aren't as long as Ken's!
We had a nice picnic lunch. Only slight issue was that Coralee dropped a "berry". She kept calling for Oscar who obviously wasn't there. However, the grackels were waiting for us to leave!




No comments:
Post a Comment