I'm rather late with this but the past two weeks have been a whirlwind. On the 20th we celebrated Lincoln's birthday and on the 22nd, we headed to Beaumont so Ken could do recruiting for NI at Lamar. On Friday we headed to San Antonio. NI has rented out Six Flags for the past few years and so we've made it a weekend to celebrate since it usually falls near their birthdays. We started the day with Ken bringing Coralee breakfast in bed (a waffle from the buffet downstairs) and cupcakes that I toted along on the road trip. I feel badly, earlier in the week, Coralee asked if she was going to have breakfast in bed and I totally forgot it was her birthday. I remembered before I said, "No!" What did she think she was, a princess? ;-) We went to Sea World to celebrate her big day. We saw all of the shows and she got to ride her favorite ride... the Shamu roller coaster. She was even brave enough to ride Atlantis with Ken & Lincoln. We ended the day with burgers & shakes at Cheesy Jane's. My phone ended up in a milkshake, too, so we stopped at the HEB for rice. Unfortunately my speaker still doesn't work.
Now to talk about my big girl. She's awesome. My Daddy used to tell me that we were more fun as we got older. I'm starting to see how that is true. She has always been the "other mother" for Lincoln & Lauramae but she seems to be more and more helpful as time goes by and has the sweetest servant's heart about doing it. I really think her kindness sets the tone for the relationship that the three of them have. It shocks me how well they get along and how much they love each other (not trying to make it sound like it's peaceful & happy all the time at our house; it isn't, they definitely have their moments). I am incredibly thankful for that and I hope it never changes. She is doing really well with her schoolwork. She's started writing her first name in cursive. She is much more willing to read which makes me happy but math still seems to be her strongest subject. Most imporantly, she is eager to learn and do her work. That makes things much easier for us both. She loves to draw and make things which thrills this Momma's heart & also makes me want to scream sometimes with the mess that comes with it. She's started making her own breakfast & her siblings as well. She helps with the dishes & laundry although she'd honestly rather play some times. I've tried to be really honest about the fact that Mommy doesn't like doing those things either but the quicker we get started the quicker we're done. She's in her fifth year of dance which is hard to believe. This year the class is longer and includes jazz. I'd like to say that I've hung out to see what they're doing but there are two classes at the same time and the waiting room is crazy. She's in her second year of Sparks and spends all her time at church upstairs. That was a hard transition for Momma. All my babies are supposed to stay in the preschool area indefinitely. Her birthday party theme was dogs this year. She has always liked dogs but I think getting Eva this year really sealed the deal. She thinks of Eva as her dog and loves to sneak her into the bedroom during naps. They're quite cute together.




No comments:
Post a Comment