A year ago today we closed on our house. We rented it a few days before closing so we were already in the house that day. To make myself feel better about the projects we haven't completed I'm making a list of what we have done around here in the last year.....
1) Removed wallpaper in the kids' bathroom
2) Painted kids' bathroom
3) Painted our bedroom
4) Put new shelves in the pantry
5) Replaced many of the light switches/outlets
6) Removed the wallpaper border from the laundry room
7) Switched the girls' bedrooms & painted Coralee's room pink
8) Removed the wallpaper in our bathroom
9) Painted our bathroom
10) Built a hand rail for the 4 steps coming out of the back of the house
11) Replaced the 2 attic fans (just this week.... the house is amazingly cooler - Yay Ken!)
12) Painted 3/4 of the laundry room
13) Installed ceiling fans in all the bedrooms
14) Painted the shutters on the front of the house (there are 14 shutters, 3 coats of paint and they still need one more.... ugh!)
15) Flower beds in the front of the house (hopefully we'll be able to keep them alive in this heat)
16) Got rid of weeds in the front rock flower bed. I kept thinking it was looking bad this spring but then I saw the pictures from last year.
17) Bought riding lawn mower.... used it twice
18) Picked up lots of random junk from the yard
19) Removed the satellite dish from the roof
20) Sewed curtains for the kitchen
21) Sewed rolling shades for Lincoln's room
22) Drove to many Hobby Lobbys to get 40% off curtains for our bedroom
23) Assembled/installed playscape in the back yard
24) Removed some of the plants that were in weird locations or were just plain ugly
25) Spray painted front porch furniture black
26) Pillows for front porch
27) Killed lots of scorpions, wasps & one nasty centipede inside the house
28) Found really good pesticide to spread around outside
29) Built dams to keep water out during tropical storm Hermine
30) Dug out some of the dirt around the slab to prevent drainage issues (still work to be done.... in the fall)
31) Replaced 3 light fixtures/reused the one from Coralee's room in the laundry room
32) Rearranged living room furniture 3 times
33) Had the hot water heater replaced/set up to drain properly
I'm sure Ken has things he'd add to my list that I've forgotten. Before Cotton ISD starts up again, I'd like to finish the laundry room and paint over the stencilling in the hallway. The rest of the list is quite overwhelming. I won't type it all out because it'll be depressing.




No comments:
Post a Comment