The good, the bad & the ugly.....
Every job has its good and bad days and homeschooling is no different. We had a rough morning today. There were some moments that I wanted to march her little hiney through the back fence, across the construction and register her for school. It was bad. I called Ken to tell him about how bad it had been. In the midst of her fit, Lincoln pooped in his underwear. It was a little more a Momma could handle at the moment. As I vented to him I had an "Aha" moment. My conclusion was that I can't avoid dealing with discipline. If she was in school, our fights would be about something else but they'd still be there. Imagine that I'd actually ask her to do something she didn't want to do!
The good.....
And it's SO good! It is so neat to be her teacher and see the light bulb come on. I'm sure I had those moments in the classroom but I don't remember them clearly. I just remember feeling rushed to go to the next subject. To see her progress and know you had something to do with it is incredible! It's amazing to see all that she's learned in the first 11 weeks of CC (one more to go in the semester).
The bad and ugly.....
Well, I already described that. It's pretty much the same every time things blowu up. She'd rather be playing with her siblings. Most of the time Lincoln will sit at the table with us. Generally we try to do school when Lauramae is taking her morning nap but she will even sit at the table and color/eat crayons with us.
I've also had some difficulty adjusting to our new schedule. I'm accustomed to being able to go run errands and basically do whatever I want to do. Our schedule is kind of crazy - Mondays are CC, Tuesdays are at home but we host small group here every other week so we're trying to do school as well as get laundry done, and clean the house. Wednesdays are craziest.... school in the AM, handbells at noon & Coralee has dance at 4:00. By Thursday, I'm ready to hang out in the jammies and sit on the couch eating bon bons.




2 comments:
Oh Edan! I so get it! The good is so GOOD, but the bad can be HORRENDOUS! Right there with you! Miss our chats, maybe I'll try to call you on a Thursday afternoon, and we can partake in bonbons together! Ha!
Hang in there, I truly beleive my older kids are who they are because of homeschooling and will definitely be doing it again one day! Love and miss you all!
Post a Comment