

I decided that we'd make a trip to the park yesterday... and what a whirlwind trip it was! The weather was warm and it was the perfect day to spend outside! We went to toddler story time instead of lapsit on Tuesday and the theme was the zoo. I wasn't in the mood to drive out to the zoo so we went to the Nature & Science center instead. She got to see the coyote and hawks as well as the ducks which she thought was great. The funniest thing was the raccoon asleep in the rafters with his paws sticking out of the cage. Too cute! I didn't know that red foxes climbed but they were in the top of their cage as well, right next to the raccoon. Next we went to the park for lunch and a little bit of playing. She was so cute sitting at the picnic table swinging her legs! Coralee was so distracted by the pigeons and grackles in the picnic shelter and all the people walking by that she didn't eat. She played a little while and got to swing before we went back across the street to the Botanical Gardens. I had the brilliant idea that we'd leave the stroller and she could walk around. Big mistake! If she would have walked with me it would have been fine but she wanted to go where she wanted to go and didn't understand that you need to stay on the paths! We did get to see the fish pond and she enjoyed the big koi. Next time we'll bring the stroller! My favorite picture is one I took right before she fell on her bottom!




No comments:
Post a Comment